Monday, February 24, 2014

At Home


Yes I can cook on my own, the fact that I can makes me enjoy all the restaurants that I find myself and my soon to be wife in. Not only is cooking at home typically much cheaper, it’s also much healthier.
Stopping by our local Safeway, I was on a mission for dinner. After all, I have to feed the wife. Grouper Steak was on sale, and who can say no to one of South Florida’s healthiest fishes. Two steaks ran me just over seven dollars. With pasta and chopped tomatoes back at the house my mission would be easy.

So, here are the secrets. You’ll want to broil the fish, (by selecting broil on your oven) for about 6 minutes on EACH SIDE. You should always baste the fish in something; I used a mixture of butter, rosemary, and dill weed, plus a little cyan just to add an extra touch. At the same time, I boiled the spaghetti, and then, a mark of my cooking, double cooked it, first simmering the tomatoes, then adding the spaghetti in a medium sauce pan on medium. Double cooking takes your pasta from flat and boring to spectacular.
Finally as you can see, the finished product is ready after about 25-min or so cooking time. I added avocado slices on the side, just because I could. Total meal cost for 2 is under $10.


No comments:

Post a Comment