Thursday, April 24, 2014

Whiskey Tango



Outside of Whiskey Tango

Just to the left of I-95, there is a wonderful, if not underutilized street called Hollywood boulevard. It’s a fantastic place to live (I hope), or just walk around and people watch. 

There are so many bars and restaurants in the area it would be impossible for me to talk about them all in this single post. But don’t worry I’ll get around to them all, one day.

In the meantime, just this past week I was able to stop in to a little sports bar called Whiskey Tango. I’m not sure how the name evolved, as I think that is a pilot’s term, and I am sure there have never been any tango dancers here, but there you have it. By the way there is plenty of Whiskey here.

It was about a year ago that I met my soon to be wife at this very location, I can remember the exact seat and how we held hands within the first 10 minutes into our relationship. Our lives have never been the same since. So tonight we return as a couple, her with a ring on her finger, and me with a ring back in our house. 

The Salmon Burger (with no bun)
The bar itself is not the most romantic place to be sure, it’s a combination of a classic live band bar and sports bar. It also has a really nice outside area that is a bit quieter.
The beer selection is good and they can make almost any drink you desire. They also have good happy hour specials on drinks. I wanted to keep it simple and I opted for a gin and ginger ale, while Laura opted for a Stella Artois, a nice imported beer. We’ve both changed a little in this year, when she first met me, she asked me what my favorite football team was, to which I replied what is “football?”, while I asked her about her favorite beer and she asked me, why are you bringing up some girl named “Stella?” OK, that’s not exactly the way it happened but you get the picture.

The Veggie Burger
In the meantime we are back for our small celebration. Food here is reasonably priced, as are drinks, and everything from steak to veggie burgers are offered. Laura opted for the veggie burger and by her standards and mine it was very well made and better than average.  I went on the “build your own burger” menu – now that is fun – and went for the salmon burger. This was a great burger and with the fried onion topping it became perfect. The ample sides on both dishes were great including pickles and fires and more. By the way service here was spectacular.

While you may not find romance here, you should come for all the fun offered, including Ladies night, karaoke, bands, and lots of sports, including the heat-brewers game that we saw almost 365 days ago. They are located at 1903 Hollywood Blvd, (near Young Circle) in Hollywood, FL 33020 and parking here is real easy even late at night, though you may want to walk with a group when you are off the main street.

No comments:

Post a Comment